Director of Product Design and Creative - 04/2010 to 03/2016
Foreside Home and Garden - Biddeford, Maine
· Oversaw the Foreside brand ethos in its entirety from the product characteristics to creative branding, photography and catalog.
· Product design and development: color and trend, vendor sourcing, line assortment planning, overseas travel, vender relationships, managed in-house, contract and licensed designers.
· Creative direction: brand development, photo shoots, catalog production, marketing, managed in-house and contract services.
Product Designer - 03/2008 to 05/2010
Garnet Hill - Franconia, New Hampshire
· Lilly Pulitzer Home Bedding and Bath Line: Product design and development from concept to completion. Translated licensed brand into home product for co-branded launch.
· Rug Department: Product design and development from concept to completion.
· Holiday Home Décor: Product design and development from concept to completion.
· Quilts: Product design and development from concept to completion.
Product Designer - 08/2006 to 08/2008
The Foreside Home - Gorham, Maine
· Furniture and Home Décor Design: Worked from concept development to final prototype creating collections from multitude of materials collaborating with vendors from around the world for the wholesale market.
· Determined new product lines based upon market feedback, industry opportunities and selling statistics.
· Vendor Collaboration: Designed to utilize vendors' strengths as well as working with existing vendors to develop new techniques through email and overseas on-site interaction.
Product Designer - 09/2004 to 08/2006
L.L Bean - Freeport, Maine
· Furniture, Home Décor and Textile Design: Concept development to final prototype with vendors from around the world. Researched market trends and opportunities to design brand-oriented line of hard good and textile products for the home.
· Product Graphics & Print Design: Created original graphics, characters, patterns and prints for embroidery, silks screen and sweaters specific to Kids, Women's, Men's and Footwear products. Illustrated Leon Gorman's book, "L.L. Bean The Making of an American Icon".
Bachelor of Fine Arts: Industrial Design - 2004
Rhode Island School of Design - Providence, RI
2004 Recipient of the Robert O'Neal Award Given annually by the Industrial Design faculty to the student who has consistently demonstrated the strongest performance. Recognition focuses on the student's resourcefulness and diligence in developing ideas that make creative design solutions.
Product design, line planning, overseas sourcing and product development, coaching and mentoring, department leadership, organizational planning, process improvements, concept development, Adobe Creative Suite, free hand rendering